No announcement yet.

BS 34/38 exploded view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The velocity stacks in the filters are part of the rubber where they mount. They aren't stacks in the usual sense. If you look they have a curve to them that act as a short velocity stack. The mixture screws don't have a standard setting. Start at a turn and a half or so and go from there. Warm the engine up and set each screw for the highest idle. If you get more than 4 turns out you need richer pilots. There's no pilot jet inside the bowl to turn. They are located at the mouth of the carb and are fixed values.

Comment

illy threr is nothing inside the pods...just the cage and the 3/8 inch wide rubber boot that slips over the carbs...one big hollow space.
      Last edited by chuck hahn; 03-09-2010, 11:42 PM.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

This domain name is available, own it today. Affordable payment options. Fast and professional service.

There's a section on tuning for modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          I am looking for both settings... the pilot jet inside the bowl i was told is 2 to 3 out..dont know if thats correct.
          As for the air mixture screw on the engine side of the carbs i havent found any base setting for that yet. ....
          Anything inside the bowl should be SNUG.

Everything outside the bowl should be SNUG, ...

except for the "idle mixture adjustment screw" that you are calling an "air mixture screw". That is the one that is mentioned, oh, so often on the board as being set between two and three turns out from lightly seated. Those are the same adjusters that come from the factory under sealed caps and adjusted extremely lean. My personal recommendation is to start at three turns. It assures enough fuel for the bike to run, although it might be a bit rich. When the bike warms up, you will be adjusting these for best running anyway, so don't worry that it's rich at this time.

Just so we're clear:

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X