No announcement yet.

TM33 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see the print but the picture is of RS carbs.
    33.9 would be 34mm?
    the ones i removed last year measured 34mm and they was the same as the original poster here added(side pulls/angled throats semi downdraft-ish).
    maybe its just me but i still don't get it.

Comment

Those are RS34s! PERIOD! Ray.

Comment

No they're not. Tops are different, bowls are different, plunger for the pump is on the intake side of the carbs, they look similar but they aren't RS. I have RS34s so I know they aren't RS. I've seen racks of TMs on Ebay before. They aren't common but they do exist. When you see a single TM the top is different, just a cable running to the slide.

Here's an old thread on Gixxer.com about them.

From cyclewearables.

Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2010, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Those are RS34s! PERIOD! Ray.
          hate to disagree but they are definately not rs34 when i measured the i.d i was not deep enough they measure 33mm exactly and all measurements on mikuni,s website indicate they are TM33-12 i just cant find any mention anywhere that they are rack mounted.Oh well life goes on. here is a side view

Comment

those for sure are not RS series mikuni's.
            the set i removed last year was sold by the owner to some kid who never used them and then a 2nd party listed them on ebay and so on and so forth.
            the set i removed measured 34mm at the opening and looked exactly like the ones pictures with the tilted bodies and the side pull cables set up.
            the carbs i am talking about would have been sold from the S/W ohio area..
            hell,
            maybe these are the same ones
            very very very uncommon carbs to see and the first and last set i had ever had in my hands.

Comment

If they are not RSs, they sure have the same features! I see there are differences but I thought they were just "Early" model RSs maybe. Are they the carbs that came on the Canadian GSXRs in 86? I know the Limited Edition 750s had different carbs in Canada than the US model got. I stand corrected & educated if they are not RSs. Ray.

Comment

I stand corrected & educated if they are not RSs. Ray.
                I always figure when we fail to learn new things we've just closed our minds to the world around us. Learning new things is good.

Comment

Learning new things is DEFINITELY a good thing, Billy!!! Ray.

Comment

thanks for the info guys,not sure if i am going to keep them probably just look for some rs36 as i would imagine these things might be hard to get parts for

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                      thanks for the info guys,not sure if i am going to keep them probably just look for some rs36 as i would imagine these things might be hard to get parts for
                      I believe Sudco still offers parts for them. Carb Parts Warehouse might too.

Comment

just found out they were orig equiptment on an 86 gsxr750 my buddy has the exact set in his garage

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                          just found out they were orig equiptment on an 86 gsxr750 my buddy has the exact set in his garage
                          He either has the Limited Edition or the carbs have been changed. I have one in my garage too and it has CVs. I'm not real sure the US Limited Edition had them either, I know it had the dry clutch so check for that to see if it's an LE.

Comment

they wouldn't be factory on the 86 GSXR750.
                            ive parted a couple 86's and they had 34mm CV carbs.
                            i did part an "85" GSXR750 as the title said..that bike had 33mm CV's...i still have the carbs i think.
                            maybe Canadian but not US.

Comment

after reading this thread, my brain hurts.
                              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                                they wouldn't be factory on the 86 GSXR750.
                                ive parted a couple 86's and they had 34mm CV carbs.
                                i did part an "85" GSXR750 as the title said..that bike had 33mm CV's...i still have the carbs i think.
                                maybe Canadian but not US.
                                Actually, the USA 86s had 31s! They went to 34s in 87. EVEN the LTD had 31s, I know, I had one for 20 years, original owner. I bought it from the dealer I woked for. The CANADIAN GSXRs got the trick carbs. The US bikes only got CVs. I'll bet, as I stated above, yours are the Canadian carbs. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X