Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1085s

Originally posted by stain View Post
    How do your 1085's run compared to stock?-Power wise and reliability?
    Will let you know if mine ever get it back and me bike this is the longest 6months
    also 3weeks ever known ,never been this long without a bike to ride.
    but ridden a m8 of mines and his used to go very well.

Comment

You'll have good top end but good luck with the bottom end.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Well I think I'll have to just regain my patience. Part of my problem is I have been working with this bike on and off for about year now and I just want to ride it!!!!!!!! I have a boatload of time and money in this thing and am eager to get on it. Not to mention that tuning carbs is not one my favorite things to do-- it's just tedious to me. Thats why my new snowmobile is EFI
        It seems no one has tried the 36mm CV carbs on here from what I can see and I am not going to spend $1000 on a set of RS smoothbores!!! I started by comparing the RS jetting with the CV jetting and going to use it as a guide. Already made a pilot adjustment and am seeing gains. Will keep posted.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Well for sure you won't have a melt down like I have done a few times.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Anyone try RS 36's on one of these motors?

Comment

RS34s work really well on the big port GS1000 head with a 1085/1100 Wiseco kit. Seems like 36s would be too big for decent low and midrange.

Comment

Well I found my first problem--emulsion tubes worn out. Common on this year flatslide carb. New ones coming early next week. The fight continues....................

Comment

Well the carbs are on and running. First test drive today. Cv 36mm carbs from a 89 GSXR1100, K&N filters and a jet kit from Factory Pro. 145 mains, 30 pilots, needle 2nd clip down and fuel screws out 2 turns. Bike runs smooth, no bottom end or midrange problems. Throttle response seems smooth. Very cold today-45 deg. Exhaust pop on decell. Idle seems a little lean, I will adjust fuel screws after cool down. All in all it seems that these carbs will work fine for street applications, I just need to fine tune my jetting. I am very close. I know Mikuni recomends the RS 36 carbs for this engine but I just couldn't spring for the $750 right now

Comment

Working...
                  X