Need Help with my 85 GS550ESF Twin Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colorado85gs550 View Post
    I'm going to fire up the air compressor in the morning and lightly blow some air through the fuel line to the carbs and see if something comes loose....
    Wear your saftey glasses! Frankly, I dunno how I feel about that idea, but, they are your carbs.. Let me know what happens!

Comment

I noticed a different jet size for the inside sets though when I installed this Stage 3 kit.....which is ALL the same

Comment

I noticed a different jet size for the inside sets though when I installed this Stage 3 kit.....which is ALL the same
        yeah they did that on the 1150 too... trying to keep the inner cylinders cooler, difference in head flow...different people have their different theories on why. But the pods and pipe combo dont need any different sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          Wear your saftey glasses! Frankly, I dunno how I feel about that idea, but, they are your carbs.. Let me know what happens!

up to 15 pounds of pressure can't do too much harm.........I'm definately NOT going to put 115 in there

If I can't get that to work I'll take them off and pull em apart shortly after then....not like I have to worry about getting around an airbox anymore

Comment

I've picked a color for my bike now too........Metallic Purple

Comment

I've picked a color for my bike now too........Metallic Purple
              Well, depending on the shade, that could look pretty nice. I am not a purple fan usually, but there have been some shades that arent bad..

Comment

It's a dark Plum Purple.....I have a gallon of it for shooting the boat I've been restoring so I thought I'd use the leftovers for the bike

Comment

I've rebuilt the petcock and it fired right up........I drove it around the block, pulled into my driveway, and put it on the sidestand. I let it idle for about 5 minutes then it died!

I let it cool down for 1 hour, choked it, fired right up! Ran great until it warmed up after about 10 minutes....then BAM, it dies. Won't restart unless I spray starter fluid in it then it won't stay running.......

I let it cool for another hour just to check, I choked, it turned over a few times then fired right up ran for right around 10 minutes again and died. I haven't a clue now..........is there some kind of vacuum that causes these carbs to pull fuel that if it loses the vacuum it won't supply fuel?

It fires on starter fluid so I have to eliminate a coil/electrical issue, it isn't getting fuel for some reason. Why would it get fuel until it warms up? Is it "Vapor Locking"?

Comment

apparantly NO ONE has any ideas!

Comment

Working...
                    X