No announcement yet.

WOT stumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took out the 107.5's installed 110's. We'll see. With only a 4-1 110 seems like a big jump from the stock 95's. Oh well, it takes what it takes.

Comment

If nobody minds, I'm going to post my results here so I don't have to try to find them again later. 110 was still a hair lean, so I installed 112.5's. Test ride won't be until Monday unfortunately
      Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I would be very interested in what you came up with for a solution, I have encountered this problem with 2 of my bikes, one is an 81 GS1000 and the other is a Kawi Ninja 1000, I got tired of messing with them and just ran them as they were, I was able to move the hessitation all around the rev range with jetting/needles, but could not get rid if it, now it bogs at 1/4 throttle. So if ya figured it out please share.

Comment

Ok, a little embarassment. Just when you think you know it all. I was reading the plugs wrong. I was looking at the tip of the electrode strap instead of deep in to the plug. The bike is/was actually too rich. Furthermore, my air filter (K&N) was way over oiled; making it worse. I washed it good and reoiled it. This ofcourse changed many things. Down low, I had to richen her way up. On the top end with the 112.5 mains it was still rich. I leaned it back down to a 100 on the mains. That actually leaned it too much. The good news is something changed.

I was beating my head on the wall because I kept thinking the bike was originally lean. I would install larger jets and nothing would change. At least now I got a different symptom. Actually the bike runs very good. There still is a that "catch" when its on the mains, but it is much smaller. I just put in 105's. I'm sure I'll have to mess with the needles a little bit after this. There is a little stumble at 1/2-3/4 throttle. No point changing it until I get them mains sorted though. Right now the needles are on the 4th clip (all the way rich).

To be continued....

Comment

Working...
          X