Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nipple leaking!

Hello!

It's been a loooong time since I've last been here.

I have a problem with my GS again, this time with carbs.

The part that is on bikebandit.com's fiches described as a "nipple", between carbs #2 and #3, through which the fuel comes from the gas tank, is leaking.

I bought a new part off ebay, this one called "fuel tee" that should've fit correctly for the carbs of my 1978 GS1000E. The problem is, it's too small. And I waited FOUR damn weeks for the stupid things to be delivered...

I added a photo for comparison, the original "nipple" is on top, the new one is at the bottom.

Every site I tried (together with every Suzuki dealer) says that the "nipple" is discontinued and not available, that's also why I bought this part off ebay.

The problem are the rubber seals on both sides of the nipple (will add the photo in this same thread)... they're the ones faulty, but since the nipple and the rubber come in one piece, I can't find them anywhere.

Does anyone have any idea what to do to fix it or (even better) where I could find the rubber part?

Thanks!

noobie
    Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2010, 12:42 PM.

close-up of the "nipple"...the rubber...

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not positive but I think Z-1 Enterprises sells one and I know motorcyclecarbs.com does!

PS....It's called a fuel tee!
      Last edited by chuckycheese; 04-21-2010, 01:31 PM.
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

The rubber goo stuff in a can you dip plier handles in to insulate them will work too. Just dip them once & let dry. Its available at hardware stores & Harbor Freight. Plug the ends so it doesnt go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
          I'm not positive but I think Z-1 Enterprises sells one and I know motorcyclecarbs.com does!

PS....It's called a fuel tee!
          Yeah...when I hear the phrase 'nipple leak'...I'm thinking of a need for a maternity bra.

Comment

You can also put an O ring on the rubber part to seal it to the carb when assembled, That nipple you bought is probably for the later BS carbs 1980 up

Comment

My 79 has the same fuel tee's. I have done multiple rebuilds and used a grey gasket sealer from Canadian tire that can be used around gasoline and it has worked flawlessly each time. I've used just a thin coat, never leaked and on the next tear down it came apart easily. Can't remember the name of it but any gas friendly product will work.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

akward thread topic...

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys!

The problem is (hopefully) resolved. There's a business nearby that said they can cut me new rubber seals. They said it will be ready by Thursday. Can't wait.

With the Gixxer 750 out of action (some guy rammed the Gixxer when it was parked in a parking lot, so it tipped over and suffered damage - the insurance company has been playing games for the last 3 weeks), the need to get the GS fixed is even stronger than it would be otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                  X