Bike won't turn over, too rich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike won't turn over, too rich?

Well the bike has been running pretty good lately, although somewhat lean.
    So I richened it up with the mixture screws, and it was running great yesturday! Didn't feel too lean or too rich, right in the middle.

Well i start it up today, and it fires up pretty easily but I notice it's sounding pretty damn rich....I can smell it in the exhaust.
    It almost sounds like a harley, and had a very slight crackle or pop in the exhaust at Idle speed, kind of like a snarling/aggressive sound.
    (usually it sounds more mellow)
    ----------
    Well after warm up, I drive to the end of the drive way and stop to check for traffic......bike stalls.

Try to start it up, --it cranks over a few times and barely fires up and cuts out again.
    I try to start it again and i get 1 crank, nothing.
    I try it one more time, nothing....the engine just barely rotates.
    (Basically the starter switch really doesn't work, i can barely feel the motor crank, but just feels like it doesn't wanna turn)

Feels flooded or jammed/locked to me
    So I role it back to the garage.

Im pretty sure it's not the battery, the lights are fully bright, I've also been trickle charging it the past couple days, i've had drained batteries before in this bike, it's not feeling similar to that.

Don't have ANY fuel dripping under the bike.

-----

UPDATE: Checked the plugs, they are fouled black!

-----

What should I do?

I keep searching, but everybody keeps saying different remedies.
    Some say to hold the throttle open to clear it, other say to drain the oil, and other say you must rip apart the carbs.

Can I let it sit and just clear itself out, meanwhile I turn the screws more on the Lean Side?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2010, 02:55 PM.

AT a minimum I would replace the spark plugs, do the usual check coil voltage, battery charging

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
      AT a minimum I would replace the spark plugs, do the usual check coil voltage, battery charging
      Yeah, i mean im going to feel really dumb if it's the battery, but I've never seen one die this quickly and still remain fully bright, lol.
      I want to check the voltage, but I can't find the volt meter, people moving stuff around in my garage.....

I wonder if a motor can lock like this without flooding fuel on the ground?

Comment

Working...
      X