Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diablo1982 View Post
    simply amazing
    I'm going to hack up a carb body tomorrow for fun.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      I'm going to hack up a carb body tomorrow for fun.
      sometimes when i have removed the float bowl...the plug stuck to the gasket and the gasket to the bowl.
      beat the carb body on a piece of wood before you get the grinder out.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
        sometimes when i have removed the float bowl...the plug stuck to the gasket and the gasket to the bowl.
        beat the carb body on a piece of wood before you get the grinder out.
        I've had them fall out and some welded in.
        Weird
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

The bike that had these carbs on it, the plug was just gone. Dunno where it went, the plug can't fit through the hole into the venturi.
          It was blowing so much fuel smoke, the PO thought it "Blew a ring"
          That's pretty weird, too.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Awesome, well Tkent02, we are deifnatley getting the carbs from you, and chef what do u want for the plug , Yall are really knowledgeable, now hopefully the retard i bought it from will bring my tank to me, since he forgot it at his daddies house, if not hunting that part next, thank god for my bottle feeder to start this puppy

Comment

found out my bike is a G model

Comment

i cant find anyplace close to get the carb boots, my local suzuki dealership cant get them

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo1982 View Post
                  i cant find anyplace close to get the carb boots, my local suzuki dealership cant get them
                  Try mrcycles.com

Comment

ok will do, now the weather here in kansas is calmed down i can do some work to it, is there a trick to getting the bolts out of the motor to reinstall the boots i have soaked them and still no budge im at a lost and losing my patience
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X