Carb sinc tool in Atlanta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb sinc tool in Atlanta?

I finally built my carbs PROPERLY and is running well enough to ride. I set the mixture at a half turn on each. I don't have a single vacuum gauge to even get close so is doing pretty well considering. It has a 4 into 1 pipe with what I would call a megaphone echo chamber. It is loud.

It pops and crackles and smells like a raw fuel factory. It clearly is not right. I was hoping someone around here might have a sinc tool I could make use of. Anyone willing to let me visit for a tune?

Hi,

Did you bench sync your carbs? See my website for details. Did you change any jetting to compensate for the exhaust? Are you still using the airbox? Did you know that you can make your own manometer for less than $10?

Thank you for your induglence,

BassCliff

Comment

You know just what buttons to push

I did bench sinc per directions. I have no idea if bigger jets were installed with the pipe and don't know how to begin to confirm.I have pods on it currently because the airbox that came with it in pieces is being uncooperative. Off to research the manometer. Thanks.You should change your name to Yoda

Comment

I live in the North Atlanta area if you wann gimme a yell I'd be glad to lend ya a hand if we're not to far from one another. I dont have a sync tool but from what you discribe it needs a lot more than that.
        What's the bike in question?
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
        X