Fuel Mixture Screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Mixture Screw

Got a bit of a problem. Two of my fuel mixture screws broke at the tip (probably torqued beyond seat) They are from a vm26ss bank on my 79 gs 1000 L. Sudco said they don't carry these pieces of brass, and they are the only place I know to go to for Mikuni carb related parts. Anyone know of a place that carries these? Or have a couple extras they'd be willing to sell? Thanks in advance. Ross

Try these guys:

79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Thanks! I shot them and another place an email. FINGERS CROSSED! I hate how everyone has a different name for these things, but it looks like the proper name is the Pilot Fuel Screw. I know someone out there has some of these they'd like to get rid of!

Comment

Are the tips of the screws still stuck in the tiny fuel port?
        You should be able to see light through the hole the screw goes into, if not you have problems.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I have an L shaped sharp dental tool that I used to gently pop them out. They are free and clear now! The broken screws are almost completely turned in and they are still making some pretty black plugs.

Comment

sschering from PNW Riders just gave me the source for these GD things! If anyone else is on the hunt.

Why isn't this included on GS 1000 kits? no clue.

Part of this kit:
            Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

As you have found out You need to buy the K&L carb kits to get the mix needle

Comment

Working...
              X