Yosh Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yosh Exhaust

I just picked up a race Yosh header and can off an 1980 Kaw Z1000. I know that it will take some fab work at the rear of the pipe to get it to fit the GS1000, but my question is, will the pipes line up to exhaust ports in the head?

I know I'll lose the centerstand as well with this pipe, but I love the look of it. Also, it looks like you can repack the baffle by taking out the screws in the back of the can. Is that right? I couldn't find anything with the search function on this and I don't want to hose it up.

I took a chance on this because I've wanted a Yosh pipe and figured if it doesn't work, I can likely get my money back by selling it on E-bay.

I'd appreciate your advice.

From what I understand, early kaw heads were nearly identical to 8valve gs heads and I have read tht the port spacing is the same or at least so close it can be made to work. This had me excited because z1 enterprises now carries vintage kerker pipes for the kaws. But I am not sure if the motors were taller or shorter thn a GS motor so you may run into problems there with it clearing the frame on the backturn or hanging way low.

Comment

The Kaw engines sit different in the frame. If you notice, the GS engines have a tilt towards the front. The KZ engines sit straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by will61310 View Post
        The Kaw engines sit different in the frame. If you notice, the GS engines have a tilt towards the front. The KZ engines sit straight up.
        Well if the length is right that's nothing a rosebud torch couldn't fix. Then you might have some probs in the rear though.

Comment

Working...
        X