Dipping Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dipping Question

I have an '86 550es with the siamese carbs. I was wondering if it is safe to put it into berryman's with the permanent caps on the carb. Looking at the exploded view, there is a seal, a washer, and a gasket. If not the berryman's, could I dip it in kerosene? I am hoping not to have to remove the caps. Thanks in advance!

To CORRECTLY clean or dip carbs, they need to be completely disassembled! Ray.

Comment

I understand what you are saying, BUT.. I'm not sure if/how these go back together once removed since they were meant to be permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeolsen View Post
        I understand what you are saying, BUT.. I'm not sure if/how these go back together once removed since they were meant to be permanent.

no take off the caps and remove the diaphraghms or be sorry you did niot
        they are like 200 bucks a piece

alos a cautuios man would beware the o rings on teh throttle

but thtas a stretch

Comment

I'll clean them.
          I'd like to see a set of these carbs.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hey Chef1366, I would send you mine, but the postage would be a killer!

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin Blackmore View Post
              no take off the caps and remove the diaphraghms or be sorry you did niot
              they are like 200 bucks a piece

alos a cautuios man would beware the o rings on teh throttle

but thtas a stretch
              Sorry, we must be on different pages. I am talking about the caps that are on the sides, not the top. I would never dip a diaphragm(for the record)!

These caps cover whatever is holding the rail that holds the butterflies on.

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
              I'll clean them.
              I'd like to see a set of these carbs.
              Thanks, but I'm actually not too scared about cleaning or getting them back together. I have done my other Gs550 a couple times, as well as a Ninja 600, Honda CM400, Hondar CMX250, and 883 sportster. I actually enjoy rebuilding these things!

I guess these siamese carbs just get me a little anxious since they are SO different.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeolsen View Post
                Sorry, we must be on different pages. I am talking about the caps that are on the sides, not the top. I would never dip a diaphragm(for the record)!

These caps cover whatever is holding the rail that holds the butterflies on.

Thanks, but I'm actually not too scared about cleaning or getting them back together. I have done my other Gs550 a couple times, as well as a Ninja 600, Honda CM400, Hondar CMX250, and 883 sportster. I actually enjoy rebuilding these things!

I guess these siamese carbs just get me a little anxious since they are SO different.

So you pulled the caps from the throttle butterfly shaft
                I have never in 27 yrs of dipping stripping and otherwise adulterating my carbs had a discernible leak from the shaft seals

but if you have inexplicable rev issue you know where the root cause is.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin Blackmore View Post
                  So you pulled the caps from the throttle butterfly shaft
                  I have never in 27 yrs of dipping stripping and otherwise adulterating my carbs had a discernible leak from the shaft seals

but if you have inexplicable rev issue you know where the root cause is.
                  No I didn't pull them. I am just saying that they are what i was asking about.

Comment

Working...
                  X