Restoring GS1100 carbs to stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring GS1100 carbs to stock

I need to do a full carb cleanup on my bike and really thinking about restoring back to the stock air filter from the existing Dynojet III and pods I've been running forever.

No problem with the jets and needle as I keep everything, but Dynojet has you drill out the hole in the slides. Has anyone gone back to stock and did the enlarged hole cause an issue? I have a spare set of stock donor carbs if I need to replace.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2010, 09:55 PM. Reason: spell'n

Why not stick with the DJ stage one. While not stock, it was designed for use with an airbox and stock pipes. It will run better than stock.

But to sort of answer your question, I believe the common practice was to fill the hole with JBWeld and then redrill the appropriate size hole.

Comment

Go back to an airbox and use
      115 main jets (don't use the little DJ jets)
      Use the DJ needle on the fourth notch up from the bottom
      Use the drilled slides
      Go back to a stock pilot jet if it has a larger one installed.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys.

It's been 25 years since I put the Dynojet kit in and I never got it set to the point where my pipes didn't show some blue.

Maybe what I should do is ask what the recommendation is for stock pipes and K&N pods and check that against where these are now.

Comment

Working...
        X