Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of choke setup on '82 850GL

Hey ya'll,
    Can someone please post a pic of their bike with the choke cable connected to the choke arm on the #4 carb? I just put my freshly rebuilt carbs back on the bike and the choke setup is different the that on my '81 850G. The exploded view from BikeBandit/Alpha is just too blurry to tell if I am missing something,

The problem is that the cable sits in a little V notch in the arm, but I can't remember if there was a little clip (there has to be) to keep the cable in place. Right now it just falls out. If there is, then somehow I have misplaced it, but I want to make sure there was one to begin with.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Never mind, I was able to decipher after more looking that there is a clip and I have an idea of what it looks like; now to find it.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-12-2010, 05:32 PM.

Hi,

Mine is an '80. I take it that yours is different. Here's some pics of mine, for what it's worth. My choke/throttle linkage is between #2 and #3 carbs.

Oh well. Thanks for letting me post some pictures of my dirty carbs anyway.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks Cliff, but yes mine is different. That is the same setup as on my '81, but the '82 and '83 850GL is different (maybe other models are the same but those are the only 2 I took time to look up.) I just tore apart my garage and cannot find it so I am gonna have to see if someone on here has one since they are a discountinued item in the retail market. I could make something to work, but since I want to sell the bike as a very nice original, I want factory stuff on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi, Mine is an '80. I take it that yours is different.
        Yes, they are different, starting in '82, along with the thumb-operated lever under the left handgrip.

There is a clip with the V that Wes mentioned, then there is another clip with a V pointing the other way. That one is spring-loaded to push against the first on. Slide one clip against spring pressure so you can slip the cable into the solidly-mounted clip, then let the spring push the other clip in to bracket the cable end and hold it in place.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

sorry to dig this one up.....

Does anyone have a picture of the choke/throttle cables connected to the carbs for the '82 GS750E model ? Again, sorry for digging this post up but that's the closest match I found using the search option.

thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
            Hi,

Mine is an '80. I take it that yours is different. Here's some pics of mine, for what it's worth. My choke/throttle linkage is between #2 and #3 carbs.

Oh well. Thanks for letting me post some pictures of my dirty carbs anyway.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
            Pretty explicit pics....will use for future reference!

Comment

Working...
            X