suzuki gs 650 jetting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suzuki gs 650 jetting?

I finally found a good deal on a set of aftermarket pipes for my 83 gs650l and need to rejet it. I really don't want to spend 100+ for the dj kit so I went to the dealer to see what they had and the smallest they had were 130 mains. They said the 110 were stock. I went ahead and got these because they were next to nothing and figured I would try them and see how it done but figured I'd get some opinions first. Altitude is about 2500 ft in the mountains of Southwest VA. Any idea if this will be in the ball park or not? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Are you running the stock air box and filter. If so...the 130's may be (slightly) rich at 2500 ft. The only real way to know is to run it. I think you should be close...

Comment

It has the stock airbox with a uni filter and I was planning on keeping it that way. If it is too rich do you reckon pods would get it close to where it needs to be? Also, by the picture on the parts computer at the dealer it looks like the needle is adjustable. If so what notch should I run it in or do I just leave it alone?
      Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2010, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X