Quick GS1150 BS36SS question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boingk View Post
    Yeah, I know about conversions Texasgs. Australia wasn't always metric - we switched over in 1966. Thanks anyway mate.

Steve, you got me! I'm definitely one of those fellows who's hell-bent on wringing the engine to give every watt of power it can muster in order to fling me down the road at excessive and unecessary speed! I'm also confused on peoples rationale of 'easier to remove' - you only need to do it once in a blue moon, as you said. Despite the new EFI stuff being touted as superior, I'd still probably prefer carbs on my bikes.

CafeKid - weight saving over stock pipes would be nice, but I'm not really looking to do anything like that at the moment. Besides, the stock pipes actually look quite good IMO.

Cheers guys - boingk
    Well were hoping you will let us know where you end up on jetting.

If you buy the DJ kit and go to stage 3 you would be running the 132/138 DJ mains and the needle at about 3rd notch from the bottom. So without delving any further into the hypothetical, this is where I would start. So if you just want one set of set of jets buy the 130 Mikuni's.

My stock 1100 with 4:1 Yoshi, 36mm carbs with pods, and 0.340 webcams ran nicely on the 138 DJ mains . My nose is not so sensitive to know if I reeked of gas, but it did run well till i went 1166 with ported head and it now runs even better on 145 Mikuni mains.

If you down load the directions for the DJ jet kits maybe you can figure out how to drill the slides.

Comment

Working...
    X