Question about the size if the ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the size if the ...

intake side of the carb on a 1983 GS650 GLD. Ive started thinking about doing a bolt on only style build for my little 650. Im not near the bike right not so Im hoping someone off hand would know the size of pod to order for that bike. Is 54mm correct?

Disclaimer: Im not looking to do pods but a copper manifold may be in her future.

No idea off hand (took the Bird to work today) but the thought of copper and a "single"(?) has me smile'n...

Comment

I'm pretty sure 54mm is correct. Copper eh? Steampunk style?

Comment

Naw, Im kinda playing with the thought of the whole cool air intake thingie. Copper is quik like a bunny to transfer thermal energy and with the right venting to the manifold... Just needed the size of the intake side of the carb to pick up some tubing and reinforced silicone tube for intake boots. The 650 is destined for a make over. Maybe oddball streetfighter. I dig the front fender off the 550e so...

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammered View Post
          Naw, Im kinda playing with the thought of the whole cool air intake thingie. Copper is quik like a bunny to transfer thermal energy and with the right venting to the manifold... Just needed the size of the intake side of the carb to pick up some tubing and reinforced silicone tube for intake boots. The 650 is destined for a make over. Maybe oddball streetfighter. I dig the front fender off the 550e so...

Thanks for the info.
          It will make a funny looking "street fighter" with the L bars.
          OH...I know you're keep da bars!

Comment

Working...
          X