doesnt seem like i am getting fuel to 1 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesnt seem like i am getting fuel to 1 cylinder

i think i am only running on 3 cylinders. put new plugs in and cylinder number 3 looks brand new and not wet after a ride. where to start on why only this cylinder is not getting fuel. it is definitely getting spark though. thanks

Check your plug cap if you are using the stock caps. I had one where the screw slid to the side of the plug wire instead of going down the center of the strands. It would break down under a load and cut out. It would always fire at lower RPM's. It also looked new all the time. It also pulled off the wire quite easily.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

as i stated i know it is getting good spark. that plug has a brand new ngp plug cap. the plug is dry, meaning it is getting no fuel and has absolutely no color change to the plug tip.

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
      Check your plug cap if you are using the stock caps. I had one where the screw slid to the side of the plug wire instead of going down the center of the strands. It would break down under a load and cut out. It would always fire at lower RPM's. It also looked new all the time. It also pulled off the wire quite easily.

Comment

I had a similar problem, i did not have the little screens under the float needles, there was a piece of junk under the valve. I would take it apart and it would move to another carb. I had to take out all the float valves and blow it out.

Comment

Originally posted by quikvrsixx View Post
          as i stated i know it is getting good spark. that plug has a brand new ngp plug cap. the plug is dry, meaning it is getting no fuel and has absolutely no color change to the plug tip.
          Well,

Your carb is clogged with something

It's unlikely that #3 carb is not getting any gas, since #4 is getting gas

Have you done the strip, dip and new O ring cleaning?
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
          X