Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Storage

Hi All
    While waiting for some money to get on with major components of of Jennifer's make over, I have started tackling smaller jobs to keep me busy and the process moving forward.
    This weekend I stripped and cleaned the carbs, now, they are not going to be going on for some months to come, my qustion is this, how would you store them, so that when the time comes for fitting, I can just bolt them straight on, seeeing that the work has been done on them?
    I was thinking of a light coating of Q20 or the like and a vacum bagging them, or is that over the top, just well wrapped up in a plastic bag, to keep dust out?

If there is no fuel in them put them inside in a plastic bag. Spray the inside of the bag with WD-40.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Wrapped in news paper and placed in a cardboard box with packing peanuts, is all I've ever done.

Never had one not work as a result of storage...

Comment

Back in the day we just used 2 'bread sacks', sprayed them with WD, one sack one way the other sack the other way.

Drained the fuel of course.

Comment

Working...
        X