clear tube gas gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clear tube gas gauge

I don't have a gas gauge on my bike and I was wondering if anyone has installed on of those clear plastic tube weld in old school gas gauges. I would like to know if it is a good idea to put one in and if they work properly. I have a very minimal bobber and want to keep it simple. Help please

Originally posted by GS750Bobber View Post
    I don't have a gas gauge on my bike and I was wondering if anyone has installed on of those clear plastic tube weld in old school gas gauges. I would like to know if it is a good idea to put one in and if they work properly. I have a very minimal bobber and want to keep it simple. Help please
    Might be safer to add a sight glass in tank top. I don't think it's wise to have fittings with gas in them sticking out of tank sides!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

try the search function. im sure someone has done this mod before.

try this one....

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
      Last edited by Agemax; 10-07-2010, 07:13 AM. Reason: link added
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I have a clear vinyl tube for a sight gauge mounted on my peanut gas tank. Bout 12" long. Weld in bungs and brass 90* fittings with pipe tape. Only issue is the tubing gets brittle after about a year. Just replace it every 6 months ad preventive maintenance. About $2. I emptied the tank then put in exactly 1 gallon then marked a line on the tube with permanent marker. Not exact while riding, but a good guideline.

Comment

Originally posted by GS750Bobber View Post
          I have a very minimal bobber and want to keep it simple. Help please
          Slap the tank and listen, you'll know how much is in it. That's pretty simple.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Teach yourself the Steve McQueen Great Escape shake.

Comment

Working...
            X