Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Softer" return spring for VM carbs???

Hey Fellas,

Just purchased a '78 GS750 which is a fantastic bike,...but the throttle pull is SERIOUS.

Is there any way to lessen the pull by maybe installing a softer return spring? Any suggestions welcome.

And yes I have lubed the throttle cables and tube at the bar.

Originally posted by Bladerunner View Post
    Hey Fellas,

Just purchased a '78 GS750 which is a fantastic bike,...but the throttle pull is SERIOUS.

Is there any way to lessen the pull by maybe installing a softer return spring? Any suggestions welcome.

And yes I have lubed the throttle cables and tube at the bar.
    try new cables,
    my new clutch and throttle cables hit the doorstep yesterday. Night and day diffrence on operation, and yes I did lube the heck out of mine also. As the guides in the cables wear they cause lots of friction.

Comment

Thanks Raistian,

I will get some new cables ordered today.

Comment

Z1 has em pretty cheap and they are fast on shipping. I ordered mine OEM from G&S Suzuki but it took about 2 weeks to come in. I had the exact same problem as you, my wrist would hurt after about 20 min. of riding from having to fight the cables and spring.

Comment

Originally posted by raistian77 View Post
          Z1 has em pretty cheap and they are fast on shipping. I ordered mine OEM from G&S Suzuki but it took about 2 weeks to come in. I had the exact same problem as you, my wrist would hurt after about 20 min. of riding from having to fight the cables and spring.
          Z1 only sells Motion Pro cables, the quality of the Suzuki cables is much better, the price is close to the same. Well worth the wait especially when your old cables are still working at least a little bit. At least you can ride while you wait.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Z1 only sells Motion Pro cables, the quality of the Suzuki cables is much better, the price is close to the same. Well worth the wait especially when your old cables are still working at least a little bit. At least you can ride while you wait.
            Ahhh, ok. I didnt know there was a diffrence. I got mine OEM then noticed Z1s were cheaper. I didnt know there was a qualtiy diffrence

Comment

Working...
            X