Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever use JC Whitney Dunstall Style Mufflers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever use JC Whitney Dunstall Style Mufflers?

My mufflers are pretty beat up and I was wondering if anyone has used the Dunstall Style Megaphone mufflers from JC Whitney? If so would you recommend? Any Issues to look for?

We put a set of the long ones on my son's 450 when the originals were bent up in an off-road mishap.

They were OK, but sounded a bit tinny.

Would I use them again? Yeah, if I had to, but would also look elswhere, first.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Some have adapted Harley mufflers. You can usually get new take offs very cheap

Comment

Go to your local Hardley dealer and if you ask VERY nicely they'll probably give you pair of brand new pipes you can mod to fit the Suzuki. Most dealers are overloaded with "quiet" pipes that get ripped off their bikes before they ever leave the stealership. I got a perfect pair of FLH mufflers just by asking. They weren't the best fit for my particular project so they wound up not getting used by me, but others have used various H-D mufflers very successfully.

Good Luck!

Comment

They look pretty good had a set on XS650
          sounded great but in town with a load on like going up a step hill winding it out was kind of load for my tastes but then i am old see my pic

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
            Go to your local Hardley dealer and if you ask VERY nicely they'll probably give you pair of brand new pipes you can mod to fit the Suzuki. Most dealers are overloaded with "quiet" pipes that get ripped off their bikes before they ever leave the stealership. I got a perfect pair of FLH mufflers just by asking. They weren't the best fit for my particular project so they wound up not getting used by me, but others have used various H-D mufflers very successfully.

Good Luck!
            I 'm trying to keep the bike somewhat stock appearing and I'm not to sure about the Harley mufflers. Are there any other more stock appearing aftermarket mufflers that might fit the bill?

Comment

after market mufflers......

hi,, you could try mikesxs.com........ paypal or credit card and great service /delivery and a reasonable price,, hope this helps you regards david

Comment

Broaden your options…

Do a search on eBay for all used motorcycle mufflers, you'll be amazed at all the options.
                Bill
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                X