Proven jetting setup for my combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proven jetting setup for my combo?

I have yet to get my bike running but I know I'll need a re-jet since I'm running pod filters and strait pipes. Someone recommended the Dyno-jet stage 3 kit. Anyone have a similar setup? Right now the stupid thing won't even fire up lol but it should at least run, even poorly, without the re-jetting....right?

Thanks- John

Is this some form of motorcycle? Automobile? Farm implement?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Ahhh sorry....1980 Suzuki GS 1000. I need to put that in my sig...

-John

Comment

One of these?

"1980 'Zuki GS1000 chop" ???

Daniel

Comment

Yeah...lol

-John

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. 80GS,

If the fuel/air mixture is excessively lean then it might not fire up at all. You might need to go up four or five sizes on the mains and a couple on the pilots. Ride testing, plug chops, and reading the plugs will tell you when you have it right. Let me share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Wow, that was very informative! I'll get to reading now....lol I'm willing to bet my solution is somewhere in that link...

Thanks- John

Comment

Hi,

To save you some time, here are the related links I've collected on my little website...

Carb Specs:
                Float Height/Jetting/Tuning

For CV Carb jetting, see the very informative article at Factory Pro. Also see the carb jetting tips at Motorcyclecarbs.com, Inc.

Mikuni Motorcycle Carburetor Theory 101 - from Ian Williams Tuning

A general carb tuning guide from Delloroto Motorcycle Carburretor Tuning:

Some of the carb guru members can give you more specific information once you're to that point.

BassCliff

Comment

For pods and header I start at 3 or 4 sizes up mains (from stock), up needle 1mm, drill slide 1 size, and leave stock pilot and mixture screw. This is just a start so you can jet check (chop) plugs for fine-tuning.

Comment

purchase st.3 jet kit/follow instructions 100%/enjoy the results!
                    FYI
                    if you are going to purchase a 30 dollar set of filters.... disregard my above comments and continue pulling your hair out as GS CV carbs will never be able to be tuned correctly without a st.3 kit and good filters when the air box is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                      if you are going to purchase a 30 dollar set of filters.... disregard my above comments and continue pulling your hair out as GS CV carbs will never be able to be tuned correctly without a st.3 kit and good filters when the air box is removed.

Word!

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                      X