Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reason NOT to buy the V&H

street 4 into 1 for my gs750 race bike?

Here's the deal: It's going to be a very mild build, concentrating on weight and handling.

I know the V&H isn't a racing exhaust system, but it is lighter than stock, and should open it up a little bit for the moderate increase in air we will be pushing out.

What say you? Who has these? Do you like them?

I like mine. It is a little louder, especially above 6K.
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
      I like mine. It is a little louder, especially above 6K.
      The bike will never see below 6k unless it's warming up :P

Comment

Well, went ahead and ordered it. 325 bucks shipped seems pretty good.

Comment

Vance & Hines have been around making motorcycle exhausts since granny was a pin up, their stuff is good, can't go wrong there.
          Pics when you get it on the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Vance & Hines have been around making motorcycle exhausts since granny was a pin up, their stuff is good, can't go wrong there.
            Pics when you get it on the bike.
            Yeah, I know they are good stuff. Was just wondering if there was any reason not to use it for a mild race build, as in, is there something better in the same price range.

Won't mount the exhaust 'til after I cut everything off the frame I don't need, brace the frame and swingarm, change the shoch mounts, and then put the engine back in... but you can bet I'll be posting pics when the bike is done.

Be a couple months.

Comment

Yeah, I know they are good stuff. Was just wondering if there was any reason not to use it for a mild race build, as in, is there something better in the same price range.
              Sorry, don't know, my knowlege of exhausts, other than building expansion boxes for two strokes is limited, I have always used a local pipe called a Cowley and they are really nice and sound glorious only $220 of your american dollars for a full 4:1 system brand new, other than that all I know is that V&H, Yoshi and Kerker are class stuff, and my Z1300 Kawa with a 6:1 Kerker at full chat would make your skin crawl.

Comment

Working...
              X