Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more pic of header joint

One more shot .....

Well was there a question or comment other than ot looks to small for the inlet?

Comment

see previous post with details .......

Comment

Originally posted by rebeldart View Post
        see previous post with details .......
        Mr. rebeldart, dont start another thread on the same topic. People cant follow your V&Hs saga .

Where do you live ? Throw one side in a snow bank (its -10 here) and warm the other side in a oven. Worth a try....
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Bonanza - it's really two issues, even tho' it's all part of the friggin' header install. I'm in Florida - sunny, high sixties, t-shirt. You hate me, I know ..... snow is quite a drive from here, and can't fit the header side in the freezer !

Comment

A muffler shop could expand that for you. Dont know what that would do to the chrome .

Yes, I hate you .
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

just bolt it together on the bike and make/fabricate/ weld a new bracket to suit
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Bracket is no problem - just like to have more than 1/4" slipped in ......

Comment

you can buy sommat like this to help you out
                  1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Rebel, it might still help to explain more of what you were looking for in case someone hadn't read your previous thread. Good luck with it though.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I agree with you rebeldart, the tube needs to be inserted more than 1/4" both for safety and to lessen the chance of an exhaust leak. The header isn't going to need to be opened up much, probably less than 1/16 inch. Take both pieces to a muffler shop and they can swage the opening up by any amount you need with a hydraulic tool that will save your chrome and make it fit like a glove.
                      If the pipe is for your model and year bike, I would be asking the manufacturer what happened.

Comment

I meant to post the two pics in under the same topic but accidentally started a separate topic ............ anyway, did a search of the site and came across a few posts regarding the same issue. Looks like I'll be visiting the muffler shop Monday. Thanks all.

Comment

Harbor freight sell the expanders.... They're cheap
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                            Harbor freight sell the expanders.... They're cheap
                            Rent one from autozone. Return it and get all your mony back.

Comment

Working...
                            X