Ebay Exhaust to far gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Exhaust to far gone?

Need some opinions from the experts, is this too far gone?

If it were 30 or 40 bux It might be worth a chance but at that price I might pass.
    I tend to steer clear of auctions where the terms of the sale have a longer description than the actual item being sold.
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
      If it were 30 or 40 bux It might be worth a chance but at that price I might pass.
      I tend to steer clear of auctions where the terms of the sale have a longer description than the actual item being sold.
      +1 in agreement with octain

Comment

Not cost effective -by the time you blast, braze, recontour and paint it, you could buy a new one
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Sham you not in Florida, I got a gs1100e stock exhaust I’d give ya.

Comment

Agree I would not mess with it for $140 delivered but that was not the question. The pipe look pretty solid although it looks like a lot of surface rust. Bottom doesn't look too crushed. Also kinda looks like a Yoshi pipe that comes right down under the belly requiring removal of the pipe for oil changes. At $100 delivered and if you need a pipe I would say worth a try.

Comment

Thanks for the responses! first one i had found in a while in the search for a pipe so thought i would ask.

Comment

Crap shoot. It's hard to tell from a picture, how bad the rust really is....some sections do look solid, but once it has been aggressively cleaned/blasted, that might not be the case throughout....sometimes, the corrosion from the inside is further advanced than the outside, and aggressive sanding/blasting might uncover tiny holes. On the plus side, if the integrity is there, it will look pretty nice cleaned up & painted black with a few coats of VHT Flameproof ceramic rattle-can paint, and the can polished. The seller doesn't seem sure as to the make, and I'm not convinced that it's either a Kerker, or a Vance & Hines.... design looks good though.
                Last edited by Mysuzyq; 02-10-2011, 09:28 PM.
                '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Hi,

I'm always leery of ads that read "all it needs is a little bit of this and a shot of that". But it's really hard to say without a visual inspection. Are you feeling lucky?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                  X