exhaust mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust mods

I have been reading a bit on the various exhausts out there for the 2 cylinder GS bikes. I've noticed there seems to be a connection between exhaust changes and carbs need attention. Can anyone enlighten me on this? My stock exhaust on my GS 450 is fine, it works, looks ok etc. However, I saw a GR650 that had Supertrapp exhausts mated onto the exhaust tubes..... and I liked it! Any advice on upgrading the exhausts and necessary carb adjustments? Leave well enough alone? Go for it?

Generally speaking, when you enhance the air flow characteristics, you also need to enhance the fuel flow characteristics.

Depending on which Supertrapp, you may and may not be enhancing the air flow enough to worry about, especially if you keep the stock airbox.

Since most of the bikes came from the factory a bit lean, you might want to go up at least one size on the main jet, but reading the plugs will be the ultimate authority.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You absolutely must keep us up to date on this

I'll let you know how I go with the custom exhaust when I eventually get there one day...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
      X