carb tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb tuning

ok i just recently synced the carbs and got it done right as per manuals/PDF's. but its still a bit rough in the lower end 2,500ish RPM but only on take off. stop me if im wrong but thats the transition from slow to main system. also i get some popping on the left (1 or 2)when choked as the RPM's climb to 1,900+. w/o the choke idles fine just about 1000. I have a colortune (kinda a pain in the arse.) im currently at 3.5 turns from lightly seated across the board
    Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2011, 06:32 PM.

Hi,

Broken tips on the idle mixture screws?
    Pilot jets too small?
    Pilot jets not clean enough?
    Over-oiled or dirty air filter?

That's all I got for now.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by refeicul View Post
      ok i just recently synced the carbs and got it done right as per manuals/PDF's. but its still a bit rough in the lower end 2,500ish RPM but only on take off. stop me if im wrong but thats the transition from slow to main system. also i get some popping on the left (1 or 2)when choked as the RPM's climb to 1,900+. w/o the choke idles fine just about 1000. I have a colortune (kinda a pain in the arse.) im currently at 3.5 turns from lightly seated across the board

Sounds like your Idle Jet is clogged.
      (also called the Pilot Jet.)

Those jets are responsible for 0-3000 RPM's......approximately.
      (don't quote me to 3000 exactly!But it's somewhere around there. haha)

But the Idle jet is very very small.......so it gets clogged fairly easily.

Even a little rust in the tank can cause it.

----------------
      You should take a quick fuel sample.

Un-hook your fuel line from the Petcock-side only, and place a small cup or jar under the petcock.
      Now switch it to Prime for a few seconds, and grab a few inches of fuel in the cup/jar.....then switch it Back(obviously).
      Re-hook the fuel line.

Do you see any debris in the fuel, like dirt or rust fragments?

If you use a plastic cup that's white on the inside, you'll be able to see dirt fragments instantly. But gasoline can melt the plastic within minutes, so do it fast! hahaha.

Glass jars may be a better idea, lol.

Comment

fuel is good... no rust just looks clean.

i tried my colortune... man i hate that thing. cant use it for the life of me. did it the old fashioned way back the idle to about 500 and bring the screws in till the decline out till a bit past the highest idle point and back down a touch. test rode it throttle improved 100% no bogging with heavier throttle. some popping out the exhaust pipes when i let go. but that dosent bother me that much my kawa does the same thing since the day i got it.

i did notice after i was finished that there was a puddle of water under the bik. i guess from condensation with the on off trying to keep things cool. exhaust leak? i think pin holes in the crossover i suspect.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X