Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the process for re-installing the cabrs after cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the process for re-installing the cabrs after cleaning?

Hi guys,

(Feel free to link me to a previous post if need be but my keyword searches just aren't cutting it. )

I finally managed to clean out and reassemble a set of carbs and they're sitting here waiting to be re-installed into the bike.

After I get the carbs seated correctly do I just connect the fuel line and twist the petcock or is the system vacuumed in some way that I'll need to open/unhook something in order to get the fuel to flow into the bowls, etc.. ???

My main goal is nothing more than to try and re-install the battery and fire her up once. I'd consider doing more on my own but given the fact that I'm a novice and the bike is in desperate need of a set of tires, it will go into the shop for that, plus a chain check, carb sync, etc...

With any luck I'm not too far off from riding season.

Connect the fuel line, the vapor hoses if you have them and the vacuum line from the carbs or intake boot to the petcock. Then set your petcock to prime for a min or two to let your bowls fill, then switch to on (so you dont leave it in prime on accident) and fire it up.

Comment

Suggest putting the fuel line on before you get the carbs on the bike.Tends to be a PITA with them on.

Comment

Working...
      X