?disaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?disaster?

As I was replacing some carb diaphragms, I lost a part!
    As I'm sure you know, to replace the diaphragm, the slide portion of the diaphragm must be split in two, accomplished by removing the snap ring, then the two halves pull apart. The half which has the needle portion has (or in my case had) a cap that sat on top of the snap washer. I no longer have the cap. I fear that it has bounced its way into oblivion.

Does anyone know if this part is actually important? I realize motorcycles are not known for having unneccisary parts...

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thank you much,
    Matt

BTW, the Bike is an 81 GS550L.
    I will post pics tomorrow of the spot where the cap oughhta go.

Hi,

You can post in the "Parts Wanted" section. Somebody might have spares. Here's a short list of some of our favorite carb part vendors.

Sudco International - Carburetor parts, Classic & Late Model Replacement & Performance Parts, etc.
    http://www.sudco.com/ (http://www.sudco.com/oemcarbparts.html)
    MotorcycleCarbs.com
    - Carburetor parts, etc.
    http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/index.cfm
    Jets R Us -
    Carburetor parts, filters, gauges, etc.

You could also try some of the OEM vendors in the "mega-welcome", starting with www.z1enterprises.com. Give them a call as they can usually get just about any part even if it's not on their website.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I have some BS34 slides that can be scavenged from, if the part in question can be used. PM if interested.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I'm no expert and not sure I understand the question. The diaphragm part confuses me. Are you talking about the black rubber boots. If you are merely referring to the spacer above the E-clip on the jet needle, those are available at on-line vendors. I got some from, Deland Powersports/Boulevard Suzuki.
        1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
        1983 GS 1100 G
        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

I don't think I posted the pic right....

BassCliff- I already tried Z1- they said they could not get that part for me. I will try the other sights you referenced.

Dogma- I really appreciate the offer, but my carbs are 32. I have no idea if that part is interchangeable.

1948man- Thanks, I'll check them out too!

For the record, I am talking about the spacer that sits on top of the e clip.

Comment

Working...
          X