Stock headers with aftermarket mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock headers with aftermarket mufflers

Just bored and planning future mods I would like to do. I would like to re-jet the carbs for exhaust and pods so Im thinking about exhaust options.

So that being said, I was wondering if anybody has kept the stock exhaust headers and crossover piece and just bolted on some after market mufflers to keep the dual mufflers rather than the 4 into 1

Pics would be cool too
    ---Eric

Yes, it has been done, but usually only when the mufflers are rusted out and otherwise unuseable.

If you have a nice set of pipes, somebody might be interested in a trade that would benefit both of you.

One of the popular options is the selection of take-offs from the Harley shop.

I am having a bit of trouble grasping the concept of someone being WILLING to tackle the job of re-jetting for pods and pipes.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

well my carb boots are discontinued so pods are my only option when the old ones become completely unusable so I will need to re-jet. I figure might as well do the exhaust at the same time rather than rejetting for pods, then later doing it for exhaust.
      ---Eric

Comment

Working...
      X