Part number for intake boots/tubes for VM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part number for intake boots/tubes for VM

Should be an easy one for any other '79 owner... Also if I can get them from Suzuki dealer or will I need to buy online. I like to talk to people face to face and get things NOW!

Hi,

It's easy for you to do it yourself. Click HERE and look on the cylinder head page once you click on your year and model. You can even give them a call. Or just let your local dealer order them for you. Dealer prices can be full retail but you don't have to pay shipping. Do some comparison shopping using the list of vendors in your "mega-welcome". Nobody can get them to you "now". These parts are almost never in stock and must be ordered from Japan.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for the response. Am I missing something? I went here http://www.partshark.com/fiche_section_detail.asp
      but I dont see them. I also looked at the parts fiche for the carbs but didn't see them there either.

Comment

Hi,

Click HERE.

Under the Suzuki Motorcycle Replacement Parts (OEM) section, click on your YEAR in the left pane.

Once you have clicked on "1979" you well see the right pane fill up with all of the available models. Click on your model.

Once you have clicked on "GS850G 1979" it will be highlighted in blue. Then click on the big red "FIND YOUR OEM PARTS" button.

The next page will be a listing of all of the sub-components and sub-assemblies of your motorcycle. Click on the "Air Cleaner" link. Click on the "Large Image" button to get the fiche picture to open up in another window. Otherwise you can click and drag the picture around in the current frame.

You want #16 in the air cleaner fiche picture.

I must apologize. Most "intake pipes" are listed in the "Cylinder Head" fiche picture. For some reason it's different for the '79 850G.

Most online parts fiches will work the same. I use the fiches at partshark.com and alpha-sports.com for comparison.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2011, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Also, see if your local dealer has web ordering

Mine does, and it's often price comparable to order from them (when you add in shipping fees) and not wait for parts to be shipped. Mine has a "I will pick up" box that I check and when the parts arrive, they call me.

It's a win-win for me. I support my local dealer and my parts come sooner, Plus, I know I'm getting the correct part because I ordered it
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Thanks guys... Found it! Cliff, that is an odd place for it since it doesn't TOUCH the air cleaner. In the fiche it is just floating out there all by itself. LOL... I will shop around for the best price and check the dealer by me too. I just went over there Saturday to grab a oil filter and went back and talked to the service guy about rebuilding my carbs. I did not like what he had to say! I told him I wanted them completely disassembled, cleaned, new o-rings, etc. etc... I didn't like his price or the fact that he said that they wouldn't need to be dialed back in because he was going to leave them all together so as not to change any of the adjustments. No thank you!
            Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X