FIRST START!!! (two questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST START!!! (two questions)

i picked up a 1981 gs1000g about a month ago (for $200) as you can imagine it isnt perfect but its a start! and really hit it hard yesterday for about 7 hours. after going through the wiring the entire day we finally got it to get spark so then it was time to see if we could get it to fire. not 2 minutes later it fired up. i currently have no tank or seat so we kind of had to rig it. but only temporary obviously!! whoever had it before it got destroyed (until im going to fix it) they ran an oil cooler.. do i need that block off plate instead of just looping it back? because it leaks!!! also when we got it running (i completely went through the carbs after joining this forum) the overflow was going crazy. i know the floats arent stuck.. ?? any ideas?

I had an issue with the tang on the inlet retainer being just tweaked enough that the float would hang up on it if bounced to the fully down position

Comment

I can't pick out the questions, and I can't tell WTH you're asking about

Carbs?

Oil pressure plate?
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Hi,

This is the stock setup for your bike:

Seems like all you need are #37, #38, #41, and #42.

Without a fuel tank I will assume that you don't have a petcock that is leaking. But have a look at this little article for other ideas about leaking fuel: Overflowing Carbs

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X