Muffler fell off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler fell off

So I was riding my Vance and Hines equipped Gs1100e last night when things got real loud. My muffler had fallen off and promptly been ran over by the car behind me.
    I plan on buying a new muffler ASAP but will my engine suffer it I run it sans muffler for a few days? I know that my ears sure will...

Also- there are some nice stock exhaust systems on eBay. Will I be loosing noticeable power going from Vance and Hines 4-1 to stock system?

Thanks, todd

I have always been told that an open header creates a lean condition and causes the valves to get too hot and fry...your choice i guess.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

sorry to hear that!

But curious to hear the answer. Went to Goodguys car show in Loveland last weekend and saw the odd chrome circles behind the front tire on some of the cars. Learned that it was an exhaust cutout that gets placed upstream of the exhaust system so when drag racing it produced more power. Sounds like your same condition???

More power?

Comment

Working...
      X