81 GS650GL what jets with pods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS650GL what jets with pods?

Hi, just wondering if anyone know what jets to use on a 81 650GL with pods and stock exhaust and a good place to get them cheap. It run but not good obviously, the stock airbox is not an option because it was missing. Thanks!

I went from 112.5 (stock) to 135's with pods and 4-1 on a 750

Its really trial and error, try jumping two sizes, or just get the dynojet kit

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. NNJ650 bobber,

Yes, pod/carb tuning is a black magic voodoo art process of trial and error. With pods and an aftermarket 4-n-1 exhaust, the general rule of thumb is to start about 4 sizes up on the mains and shim the needles. You might have to go up one size on the pilot jets. About the only way to be sure is to perform "plug chops" and read the plugs to make sure the mixture is right in all carb circuits/throttle openings. The Dynojet Stage 3 kit takes out a lot of the guesswork.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS850G lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X