Airbox Drain hose Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox Drain hose Question

My question is about the drain hose. Should it go through the bottom box and into the top one? I ask because I noticed a hole that seems it would fit that bill. However, wouldn't that essentially skip the air filter? It appears it skips the air filter weather or not anything is in that hole at all. You can see what I'm talking about in the next two pictures.

I saw a picture on ebay that looked like the end of this hose should be crimped. If that is the case I think it should go in the top picture. Can anyone confirm that the end of the hose should actually be crimped shut? The end of my hose has been broken off.

Should the end of the hose goto some vent valve?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2011, 09:20 AM.

Bump because I know one of you know the answer.

Comment

The PCV hose runs into the top of the air box. There should be a wire mesh in the breather, on the valve cover. As to the drain hose that leads from the air box, that one drapes over the rear swing arm pivot point and is open to air, no crimp. Think this is what you are asking. If not, let me know...

Comment

About the lower end of the hose being "crimped shut". THe stock conguration (on 850G and 1100G, anyway) is a small peice attached that has the end formed such that it might appear to be crimped shut, but is actaully just the center parts togeter so is formed two smaller openings. I suposess if oil/dirt get in there and block it off then it might appear to be "crimped closed".

Last edited by Redman; 06-26-2011, 07:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

THis is for 850G. (dont know what you have. Maybe add to your signature line.)

I dont know why this shows two drain tubes.
          But the one on the right shows the part on the end that I was trying to describe.
          Last edited by Redman; 06-26-2011, 07:55 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X