77 GS750 float needles and seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 GS750 float needles and seats

I am just going through my carbs. I have ordered an o-ring kit due to o-rings on a couple of the fuel screws coming apart - I just replaced these 3 years ago. Anyways, I was looking at the tips of the float needles in a magnifier and noticed a couple of them were sort of rounded at the tips and the other two were pointed. I don't see any damage otherwise but I want to replace them all. Are these parts available individually or will I have to buy 4 carb kits?

Cheers,
    Tom

You might find them on eBay.

Comment

Here you go:
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. Considering the price of just the float needle alone, I think I might consider buying full carb kits off Ebay and having all the additional bits.

Tom

Comment

Be very leary of the cheap after market carb kits...K&L especially..the float needles have springs inside them and the cheap aftermarket ones are not strong enough and do not work well..I chased this issue before and it will give you incorrect float height setting..wich will/may lead to lean or rich mixture and alot of headaches....you CAN get the factory Mikuni needle and seat sets but they arent cheap..I actually talked to the people at Bike Bandit and they can get them through Mikuni...last i cheacked they were $40 Each..same price through Sudco Int...I ended up dressing mine up on the lathe and using the K&L seats but the Mikuni needles..

DDM

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
            Be very leary of the cheap after market carb kits...K&L especially..the float needles have springs inside them and the cheap aftermarket ones are not strong enough and do not work well..I chased this issue before and it will give you incorrect float height setting..wich will/may lead to lean or rich mixture and alot of headaches....you CAN get the factory Mikuni needle and seat sets but they arent cheap..I actually talked to the people at Bike Bandit and they can get them through Mikuni...last i cheacked they were $40 Each..same price through Sudco Int...I ended up dressing mine up on the lathe and using the K&L seats but the Mikuni needles..

DDM
            DDM,

Thank you. That's good to know about K & L as I saw their carb kits on Ebay. Wemoto does have carb gasket and float valve kits for the bike. Converting the British pound they would cost between $27 and $28 Cdn each.

Tom

Comment

Has anyone heard of K & N carb kits?

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X