Some rejetting questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some rejetting questions

Got an 82 GS550, clean carbs, rejetting for dual style K&N pods. 92.5 stock on the mains, have 102.5 in it right now. Upper throttle is good, but bogs around 9000 rpm. Can this be fixed with the fuel mixture screws, or do I need to go up another size?

Also, I'm having idle issues. It likes to idle really high on full choke, like 4-5000 RPM. When I get it warmed up, the idle likes to slowly creep down when I set it around 1100 till it dies. I can turn up the idle screw to keep it idling, but then when I give it gas the idle sticks high and i have to turn it back down. Will going up a size in pilot jets fix this? If so, how much (40 stock)?

Im having issues with my bike holding high rpm's to. I can get it to rev up smoothly, but it won't hold higher rpm's, sounds like it runs out of gas. If I hold the throttle it bogs like it's out of gas, then revs back up and repeats the same process over. Petcock flows fine, but how would I go about checking how much vaccum the carbs are pulling on the vaccum line? Will jetting and proper carb settings fix this, or am I looking at clogged passages and carb float heights? I cleaned the carbs, but wouldn't hurt to check again.
Working...
X