What pilot and main jet size to use???? 85 gs1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pilot and main jet size to use???? 85 gs1150

i have an 85 gs100 ,stock air box k&n filter,4 into 1 pipe.what size pilot and main jets should i use? and will i have to resync the carbs?
    i want to buy just the jets instead of a kit as i havnt much dough to blow, ty in advance

Originally posted by johnbb71 View Post
    i have an 85 gs100 ,stock air box k&n filter,4 into 1 pipe.what size pilot and main jets should i use? and will i have to resync the carbs?
    i want to buy just the jets instead of a kit as i havnt much dough to blow, ty in advance
    try two sizes on the main, stock pilot, or one size larger (I encourage you to try the stock pilot first) and shim the needle.
    A stage 1 kit from DynoJet would be better simply because of the needle design that come with the kits, but this may work ok.

Comment

i meant gs1150 just noticed the typo checking back in tonight

Comment

Remember that the jets in your carb are "cumulative" from the pilot up to the main. You got to get the pilot, then needle jet, then jet needle right before you set the main jet. With so many variables that you could adjust, and having to do each one four times (for each carb) it gets expensive fast cause jets are not exactly cheap - except for the mains which you adjust last. I'm all in for creating a "jet club" much like the one they have for 8V valve shims.

Comment

Before you go all crazy, maybe start with the stock jets and work from there.

Here is one of the best write ups I know of:
          http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tunin...m_engines.html

Since the jets can be expensive, most folks buy a kit, which is often cheaper and has decent success getting it right for you the first time.

You might also look into buying a set of pin drills up to number 80. For about $15 on amazon, you can increase the jet sizes in small increments. You can even make them smaller by soldering and redrilling.

Comment

Working...
          X