Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs450A carb compatability

Well. heres my story.

So the womans gs was starting to run a bit odd during the last season, starting very hard, stalling at stoplights, and spilling fuel out of the airbox. so i figured now that winter set it and things are slow id rip the carbs off it and track down whats wrong.

in the teardown process i managed to bust a pilot jet off in not one carb, but BOTH.

now in the spring i rebuilt these, and used a light film of grease on ALL screws and fittings during reassembly. these two bastard pilots are the ONLY thing that fought me.

Now, i attempted using an EZout to remove the pilots, and then ended up cracking the casting where the pilot screws into...

dumbass.

My question is, she has been bugging me to make it go faster, so i was going to install a dynojet kit, BUT, are there other carb options for the 450? are the 450A carbs different from any other 450?

which leads me to this, does anyone have a set of GS450 carb bodies/assemblies? if so, Ill take a whole rack assembled ready to go if someone has one to fork over. i have paypal and ill pay shipping!

PM djg42 on here, he put some VM's on his 450 and may have his old ones spare...
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I'll have to dig into my 2-cylinder carb stash but,
      I am pretty sure that I have at least 2 sets of Keihen carbs if interested.
      Perhaps a pair of Mikuni's as well.

Daniel

Comment

whatever will bolt up and run reliably.

a little more oomph wouldnt hurt either.

Comment

Working...
        X