vance& hine exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vance& hine exhaust system

hi guys i was on the usa Z1 web site and looking at the exhaust systems ,,,they fit 1980 gs1000e,,, do the header section have a gap to remove the oil filter without dramas regards oldgrumpy

Originally posted by oldgrumpy View Post
    hi guys i was on the usa Z1 web site and looking at the exhaust systems ,,,they fit 1980 gs1000e,,, do the header section have a gap to remove the oil filter without dramas regards oldgrumpy
    I have the V&H megaphone on the 750 and I don't have any problems getting the filter out and I keep my centre stand! That's why I bought it. Oh and the fact that it sounds totally awesome!!
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by oldgrumpy View Post
      Oh by the way I got mine at the Motorcycle Superstore $328.00
      No signature

Comment

I have a VH 4 into 1 on my 79 850. I don't have any trouble getting it out, but I did cut a cheap old rubber floor mat to shape so I could lay it down over the pipes to keep the draining oil off of them.

Rob

Comment

I don't have the V&H's pipe though do have the RC pipe which is exactly like the V&H, think V&H bought RC out in the early 80's. Though yeah you can get to your oil filter and drain plug just fine and retain your center stand. One thing you might wanna do is cover the pipes right under the filter because it will pour some oil over then when you take the cover off.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Just had thought when I read your post. I do the same thing and it just hit me. Find a large radiator hose off a diesel engine, semi or something. split it and cut the length to fit the pipe, I'm thinking the oil will then just roll off of it into your pan.

Originally posted by Konnick View Post
            I have a VH 4 into 1 on my 79 850. I don't have any trouble getting it out, but I did cut a cheap old rubber floor mat to shape so I could lay it down over the pipes to keep the draining oil off of them.

Rob
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

You have to work behind the pipes to get the plate to the oil filter off. If you have the street pipes, they all go over to the right side and there is no pipe under the oil filter plate. Center stand is not affected. Drag pipes may be different and go underneath.
              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
              X