GS1085 with dynojet kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1085 with dynojet kit

right, i have a GS1000 with a wiseco 1085cc big bore. harris race pipe, dyna coils and dyna s ignition.
    VM26 carbs with stage 3 dynajet kit fitted and bellmouths (velocity stacks, what ever you call them?)
    the carbs have been dipped and are spotless and are running the smaller of the dynojet mains which are 138's equivalent to mikuni 129's.
    it is running very rich and fouling up the plugs, NGK B8EV's
    doesn't seem right to me as a stage 3 dynojet kit is supposed to fit a gs1k with pods and a 4 into 1 so why is it running so rich with bellmouths on?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

A little more airflow can make quite a bit more vacuum through the venturi, which can suck a lot more fuel. The increase in fuel can be more than the increase in airflow that caused it, hence the need for smaller jets to get the same mixture.
    Just thinking out loud here, certainly no jetting engineer, but quite often an engine with bigger displacement will require smaller jets, even with identical intakes, carburetors, everything else the same. I think this is why.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

may try the standard 95's then. see how it runs
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

You know how to tune things, I'm sure you will set it straight.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Agemax, i have a gs1085 with vm26 carbs with K+N filter and sito exhausts. I run a 112.5 main jet and a spacer under the centre needle clip with 7 heat range plugs, and it runs fine. Hope this is of help.
          Last edited by uk gs nut; 05-09-2012, 04:41 AM.
          My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Working...
          X