ultrasonic cleaning carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ultrasonic cleaning carbs

i have cleaned many sets of carbs now in a US bath with good results using a solution recommended for cleaning carbs, diluted with water.
    i was wondering if anyone has used their own solutions in the bath with good results?
    for instance, Berrymans seems to be high on the list of carb dipping fluids so what if i filled my US bath with Berrymans and then zapped them?
    the cleaning strength of the Berrymans accompanied by the ultrasonic action surely would get the carbs super clean?!
    any thoughts guys?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

isn't berrymans flammable?? If so it's prob not a good idea. I'm going to try pine-sol here soon ...It works by itself in 24-48 hrs... I figure it would do good in an US cleaner ....

Comment

I use Yamaha Carb Cleaner Dip in my ultrasonic. Works pretty well.

Comment

As daft as it sounds, cheap cola tends to work pretty well as an ultrasonic solution - it's mildly acidic, is far less costly than the normal solutions, and there's a small chance that the fact that it's carbonated may help to shift stuff, too.

Comment

What about all the sugar?

Wouldn't vinegar work better as a mild acid?
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I just used water with a drop of dishwash liquid.
            Seems to work just fine.
            Love ultrasonic cleaner!

Comment

I use water and a few drops of "simple green"
              Before
              After

Comment

i have used a cleaner called personal touch. its some as seen on tv sort of product that colledge kids sell to us every once in a while but when i diluted it 50/50 in my us cleaner it cleaned all for of my gs 750 carbs to super clean, and afterwards, i dug up a carbon coated piston from the 350 out of my 77 corvette. it was covered in carbon that was hard to even chip off with a blade. but after about a half hour in my us cleaner it was cleaned to a nice aluminum shine. i actually took it to a buffing wheel afterwards and its now a mirror finish paper weight! im not sure if the company will ship outside of the states but it has a number printed on the side of the bottle and says :to reorder call 1(228) 769 - 8501. i love the stuff. i think 50/50 is a little strong of a dillution though. you could probably get away with a 1 to 4 dillution to save money.

first attempt at posting an image via photo bucket, apologies if it dont work

Comment

Working...
                X