Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1100 E 16 valve exhaust on a 1100GL 8 valve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 E 16 valve exhaust on a 1100GL 8 valve.

I case anyone is wondering. 1100 16 valve exhaust does fit on a 1100 8 valve. I asked this question here about 1 week ago and got a very solid answer from another forum member. The other forum member used 4 in 2 exhaust and I was ordering 4 into 1 from MAC. The only thing I was insure of was the rear mount and the the exhaust might stick out to far to the right. Turns out not true at all. Here is a pic before I got the very small rear mount on.

Can't tell for sure from the photo but it looks to be hanging quite low.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Sweet!
      Have you jetted accordingly?
      What does it sound like? Got a video?

Eric

Comment

looks good. let me know how it works for you. i put a drag header on my 82 1100g from an e model. i figured my choices were ground clearence problems on the mac, or turning right and scraping on the v&h drag pipe. i may change out my pipe to a mac like yours if i can't if i can't figure out how to baffle the drag pipe. of course i don't want to trade one problem for another.

Comment

No Ground clearance issues. Bad fork seals so this ones low riding. Will be higher when I reman the forks.

There is about 1 inch clearance between the collector and oil pan.

Comment

I have not jetted this yet but plan to in the following weeks. It is not falling on its face anywhere in the power band at this point in time. Will post video soon!

Comment

Originally posted by cdahl83 View Post
              Bad fork seals so this ones low riding. Will be higher when I reman the forks.
              Not sure what might be different about your forks, but the seals do not affect the ride height.

SPRINGS are what control the ride height. Bad seals will let the oil leak out, that only changes the damping ability.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Bottom of bumps will be lower, but I would not call that ride height

Comment

Ok let me clarify, The bike sits low because the seals leak and the air shock will no longer hold air. When the shocks are pumped up I get another 2-3 inches of ride height. Yes, the springs probably arn't the greatest either.

Comment

Until you can get new springs, add some pre-load.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by cdahl83 View Post
                      Ok let me clarify, The bike sits low because the seals leak and the air shock will no longer hold air.
                      When the shocks are pumped up I get another 2-3 inches of ride height.
                      Yes, the springs probably arn't the greatest either.
                      Thanks for the clarification.

If you are going to go through the trouble of changing the seals any time soon, you might want to consider changing to Progressive or Sonic springs.

With either one of them, you will not need to worry about adding air.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                      X