This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 1100 e

Will a carburetor off a 85 GS 1150 E work on a 82 GS 1100 E?

Comment

Originally posted by todd View Post
      Will a carburetor off a 85 GS 1150 E work on a 82 GS 1100 E?
      Welcome Todd. Might I suggest that you will get a better and faster response if you post a separate question about it?

I'm no expert nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn last night but I would think there will be minor changes in the carb spacing.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

could somebody please hepl me with this issue: I am rebuilding my carbs on my gs 550,
        with e help of the (godsent tuturioal. I ordered a new set of the float needle assembly, with the same groove as the old ones have, which, on my bike, holds a very thin wire bracket which circumferences the pin. nobody I know , knows anything about this wire, and in the tutorial, even though there is a picture of it with the plastic mesh filter, there is no wire, but the groove is visible here,too. could somebody shed some light on this? regards and thanks for the help,Peter

Comment

I know about that clip.

Hi, I just posted about this clip, as I have lost one of mine. There is no mention of this part in my factory shop manuel. And none on Ebay this seems to be an unusual item.
          The clip holds the needle from falling to far out of the hole. Where it tends to get wedged and sticks open. A tap on the bowel fixes that and since there is usually always fuel in the bowel, no more leak.

Comment

Hello i'm new to this site... i have a 1979 suzuki GS550E and need help with my carbs... How many vacuum lines run off of the gas tank petcock? because i see it goes to the 2nd carb from the left... but there is also a valve stem on the 4th carb (far right carb)... does this get a vacuum line hooked to it or what goes here??
            Thank You

Comment

This is just for factory specs only for informational purposes. For individual questions, start a new thread with all of the relevant info- Yr, model, mods,etc. Somebody will be glad to help you.

Comment

What is the carb od of an 82 gs 1100 .... I think it is 54 mm amirite?

Comment

Anyone care to proofread me on this GS750 specs page I've written?
                  Just post any corrections or missing data here.

OEM Carb Specs for all GS750
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-30-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Carb specs wanted

1980 GS1000 with CV carbs(chain,two valve)
                    Checked Cliff's site and did not see this one.
                    Main jet,pilot jet,float height?
                    Appreciate it,thanks

1978 GS1000C
                    1979 GS1000E
                    1980 GS1000E
                    2004 Roadstar

Comment

1978 GS1000 (VM carbs)

Pilot Air Jet: 1.2
                      Pilot Jet : #15
                      Cut-a-Way: 1.5
                      Jet Needle: 5DL36-3
                      Needle Jet: O-2
                      Main Air Jet: 1.5
                      Main Jet: #95
                      Float Height: 23-25mm
                      Fuel Level: 3-5mm

Comment

any ideas of what jets to use 78 gs 1000 ,pod filters,kerker 4/1 elevation around 1000ft or north jersey. Runs great around town but on highway around 4000 rpm falls on its face feels like running out of gas . I am guessing still stock jets..

Comment

Hi,

As a reminder, this is a SPECIFICATION thread. If you need help with your carb issues, please start your own thread in the carb section of the forum.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

GSX 400 (8 valve) carb specs Mikuni B34SS

From the shop manual that includes GSX400cc,two cylinder, years1980 to 1981.
                            These are for the 4 valve per-cylinder bikes with B34SS CV carbs...I believe these bikes all have Square cam-end covers, not Round ones as do the 2 valve-per 400,425, and 450.

(Brackets) indicate INCHES otherwise mm

spec's are the same for 1980 -81 E,T and and the 1980 L too...
                            Carburetor type MIKUNI BS34SS
                            "[E-22]"indicate country code difference for West Germany as it was, then.

Bore size 34
                            I.D. No, 44202 [model E-22=44220]
                            Idle rpm. 1100 ± 50
                            Fuel level 5.0 ± 0.5 (0.20±0.02)
                            Float height 22.4 ± 1.0 (0.88±0.04)
                            Main jet #117.5
                            Main air jet 0.6
                            Jet needle 5D69-4
                            Needle jet P-1 [model E-22 P-2]
                            Pilotjet #42.5
                            By pass 0.9, 0.8, 08mm
                            Pilot outlet 0.8
                            Valve seat 2.0
                            Starter jet #32.5
                            Pilot screw 1 and 1/2 turns out
                            Pilotairjet # 125
                            Throttle cable play 0.5—1.0mm (0.02—0.04)

Comment

'76-79 GS VM26SS info GS750/850/1000

I have been compiling all of the info from this thread and the couple of factory service manuals that I have been able to dig up, particularly on all GS750 models with VM26 carbs, and 850 and 1000's as well.

The 750 carbs on my bike are ID# 45013, which is not listed, but specs are in between the listed 45010 and 45020. Engine # on my bike says it is not a 77 as my frame is, but probably a 78 or 79. Not sure if the carbs were off of the same engine or not. I also have a set of junked GS1000 parts carbs that have 5DL36-3 needles and ID# 49000, which I confirmed from searching that number that there are other GS1000 owners with those carbs on them. There are apparently variants of the carb ID#'s on many bikes out there which are close numerically to other listed carb ID's off of those model bikes.

Here is an edited version of the chart a GSR member made that bass cliff has for download. This has a few columns removed and one added. There are a few other GS750's (78 750C and 79 750N) that were not listed in most places, but I have confirmed the jets and needles by referencing Suzuki exploded parts view schematics. I may edit this and re-upload it in the future. Please help with corrections and additional info.

Last edited by Chuck78; 10-06-2013, 01:07 PM.
                              '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                              '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                              '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                              '79 GS425stock
                              PROJECTS:
                              '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                              '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                              '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                              '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                              '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Mikuni VM30SS

For those with GS1000ST models fitted with the oval throat VM30SS.

Float bowls, floats and bowl gaskets are identical to VM29 smoothbores.

The idle mixture screws are identical to the GS1000 VM26 screws.

Given how hard it is to find parts for those carbs, this may help someone...

Comment

Working...
                                X