This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with 1984 850

Need specs for carbs. Any info helps. I am new to these bikes.

Comment

You found the thread.
      Start looking.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

hi there,

I am new to this forum and starting (as a hobby) to restoring GS 750 - 850 & 1000 bikes.
        At the moment i have 3 750's, 3 850's and 1 1000 all around '78 - '81.
        Some bikes are messed with and i want to transform them in to caferacers.

Mi first question is; How to now what kind of jets size to use when working with say: 4 in 1 exhaust? or with K&N pods instead of traditional airbox? and the relationship fieul/air ?

grts, ice

Comment

Originally posted by motarken View Post
          hi there,

I am new to this forum
          Welcome

You'll find all the info you need by using the "search" function in the "Technical Forums", by starting a concrete/specific thread with your question in this sub-forum and by visiting this website: Dynojet

Keep us posted with your projects!
          GS850GT

Comment

I found all the information for my 1977 Suzuki GS 7750 carb on this thread and I appreciate the time people take to share that info. I could not find what the fuel screw setting should be. The screw on the bottom of the carbs on the motor side. Does anyone have a ball park range for these? I'm assuming all bikes are a little different that's why they don't give a specific spec. I doubt the number of turns is largely different between bikes though. I can't see one bike being at 1 turn and the other at 3.
            Thanks!

Comment

Searched by could not find the factory specs on my 1980 GS750E BS32SS carbs. Anyone have these> Thanks.

Comment

Look on this page on Basscliff's site Dennis,

Main Jet is a 112.5 and Pilot Jet is a 42.5, of course, I'm only reading the guide and others may know better
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks cowboyup, just what I was looking for. "GO DUCKS"!!!!!

Comment

Was looking for 650e specs. I think the original picture got lost.

GS 650e
                    1981- 83
                    l

Carb BS32SS
                    bore size 32mm
                    idle r/min???.... 1100 +-50 r/min
                    fuel level ?????. 5.0 +-1
                    float height ???? 22.4mm +/- 1.0 (0.xx +/- 0.xx)
                    Main jet??????. 97.5
                    Main Air jet????? 2.0
                    jet needle?????.. 5C45
                    Needle Jet?????? Y-7
                    Pilot Jet??..????. 42.5
                    By-pass?.?????? 0.8,0.7,0.8
                    Pilot Outlet?????? 0.7
                    Valve seat?????? 2.0
                    Starter jet?????? 47.5
                    pilot air jet?????? 175

Comment

need some help..1981 GS 750 e it has Vance and Hines 4 into 1 and K&N pods the main jet is 132.5 and i cant see the pilot jet size..it has a new petcock and idle mixture screws are at 2.5 turns..the problem is at 3500/4500rpm seems to have a slight annoying miss or feels like its not getting enough gas..also doesn't want to turn higher than 62/6500 rpm ..and this is at cruise that it seems to do it. also seems to have a lack of throttle response at or from cruise to getting on it to pass..any suggestions where or what to look for?

Comment

What is the difference between a needle jet and a jet needle? I saw the specs that Bass Cliff put up for an 850. ( factory manual uploaded pic ) and there is specs for both. I am familiar with needle jet, but jet needle?

Comment

One is a jet meant to work with a needle. The other's a needle meant to work with a jet.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hi,
                            I´m looking for carb specs for a ´79 gs500e. It´s bought in Sweden, the title says it´s a ´80 - frame # is: gs500e-104630 (engine # 104622). The carbs are mikuni VM type (22mm? - how/where do I measure the bore?) stamped 470-50. I´ve checked the spec sheet (v1.3) - but the only 500 there is with a CV (BS32SS) type carb. (Besides, I think it might just be a misprint - that it´s actually just another 550...) There is a 550 with a VM22SS carb listed, however, but it´s still a 550. I have the Haynes manual for the 550/750s, which works fine for the most part - but my bike is a 500, so it should probably have different jets... or? Does anyone have an idea where I can find these specs? OR should I just cross my fingers and buy new jets according to the specs for the ´79 550, ? Maybe someone has an original Suzuki repair manual for the ´79 GS500E lying around - or know where to get one??? Please help, cause I´m kinda stuck here!
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-18-2016, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Same issue... Any ideas???

Comment

Originally posted by Brad sweet View Post
                                need some help..1981 GS 750 e it has Vance and Hines 4 into 1 and K&N pods the main jet is 132.5 and i cant see the pilot jet size..it has a new petcock and idle mixture screws are at 2.5 turns..the problem is at 3500/4500rpm seems to have a slight annoying miss or feels like its not getting enough gas..also doesn't want to turn higher than 62/6500 rpm ..and this is at cruise that it seems to do it. also seems to have a lack of throttle response at or from cruise to getting on it to pass..any suggestions where or what to look for?
                                same issue... Any ideas???

Comment

Working...
                                X