GS 1000 ST carburetor intakes and air box hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1000 ST carburetor intakes and air box hoses

I need to replace my cylinder base gasket on my GS 1000 ST ( the European and Australian model) and I'd like to take the opportunity to change the carburetor intake rubber pipes and the air box hoses .
    The issue is that the carbs are the VM 30s that have an outside diameter of 37.5 mm on the cylinder side and 49 mm on the air box side.
    Anyone know where to find parts that would fit as the OEM parts are no longer available?
    sigpicJohn Kat
    My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
    GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
    Anyone know where to find parts that would fit as the OEM parts are no longer available?
    The stock air box boots, clamps, and inner rings are still available.

And so are the carb boots, clamps, O-rings.

However, these are for the CV carbs.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Does this help?

sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
        All of these parts are for the BS 34 carbs not the VM 30 SS
        The PN should be 13881-49030 and 13885-49030.
        The GS 1000 ST was not sold in the USA so there is no chance to find the parts here...
        I was wondering if the parts used for the VM 33 smoothbores would not be appropriate?
        sigpicJohn Kat
        My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,

Comment

Originally posted by tatu View Post
          I'm afraid not
          These are for the BS 34 carbs not the VM 30 SS.
          The diameter on the cylinder head side goes from 37.5 to 42 mm and on the airbox side from 49 to 55 mm ( the larger for the BS 34).
          sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Maybe someone with a loose BS34 carb can measure the outside diameters for you...

Edit: post above showed up while I was typing... How about carb boots for the BS32's?
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I see now they're the wrong ones, sorry. I bought some of the slide carb type ones from this fella, perhaps you could ask him if he has any more.
              sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

I see now they're the wrong ones, sorry. I bought some of the slide carb type ones from this fella, perhaps you could ask him if he has any more.
                Hi Chris,
                I'm missing the reference you are talking about?
                sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                  Maybe someone with a loose BS34 carb can measure the outside diameters for you...

Edit: post above showed up while I was typing... How about carb boots for the BS32's?
                  Good idea!
                  I noticed that the GS 850 had the BS 32 carbs.
                  Now if I could get the outside diameters on these carbs, I would know for sure if they would fit my VM 30's
                  Last edited by John Kat; 10-08-2012, 04:08 AM.
                  sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Hi Chris,
                    I'm missing the reference you are talking about?
                    John, this one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/80-83-GS75...item257511e85b
                    sigpic

Comment

Following Nessism advice about the BS 32's, Maybe these would fit:

Does anyone have a BS 32 carb handy to measure the outside diameters on both sides?
                      sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Good idea!
                        I noticed that the GS 850 had the BS 32 carbs.
                        Now if I could get the outside diameters on these carbs, I would know for sure if they would fit my VM 30's
                        Just measured the internal diameter of the old airbox to carb hoses from my GSX750ET (BS 32) and they're 48mm.
                        79 GS1000S
                        79 GS1000S (another one)
                        80 GSX750
                        80 GS550
                        80 CB650 cafe racer
                        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
                          Just measured the internal diameter of the old airbox to carb hoses from my GSX750ET (BS 32) and they're 48mm.
                          That would do fine, I'll order one to see if it fits?
                          Thanks!
                          sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Working...
                          X