need help noob looking to rebuild carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help noob looking to rebuild carbs

hi my name is joe i own a 82 gs1100g my bike needs the carbs cleaned rebuilt not really sure but next riding season id like to have a dependable bike and figured id staer with my carbs any help appreciated

thank you sir i will give it a try

Comment

The carb rebuild guides in basecliffs website are without a doubt the way to go.

As I have read so many posts of people having stuck jets would be a great choice to soak jets with penetrating oil as soon as exposed and not even try to take them out until they have soaked in penetrating oil for a week or two.

The rebuild says to soak/heat if you have problems but i think a lot of headaches may be saved if soaked no matter what.

If you don't already own one buy a Quality hammer driver for hardware on outside of carbs, and replace hardware with allen or hex type.(Make sure driver bits are high quality hardened steel)

Don't take any shortcuts, and take your time and you should not have problems, If you do we are here.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankthat View Post

Make sure driver bits are high quality hardened steel
        And the right size.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

To be the correct size they need to be JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) bits.
          But with a driver you can get close enough with standard Phillips bits to remove them.

Comment

thanks guys very much i beliebe i have what i need now to tackle this job myself

Comment

Working...
            X