Fuel in petcock vacuum line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel in petcock vacuum line

I noticed it's wet inside hose, are these simple to repair?

Simple to replace.
    Repairs sometimes work, sometimes not.
    You need a new diaphragm.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Great, that's what I was hoping. are the z1 aftermarkets ok or better to use suzuki part?
      Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

They are good.

Comment

cool Thanks!

Comment

Are you sure your petcock is not working, did you test it?
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Fuel in the hose can only come from one place.

Comment

petcock works good (though I haven't "tested it") but must have a small leak internally into vacuum portat petcock and just want to correct everything best I can. Looks like there's about 4 gaskets/seals to refresh but z1 only shows the 1 diaphragm, guess I better look further.
                I also would like to know more about checking my float levels with bowls on cause I think I'm on the high side which I believe would set me up for a richer running condition which I want to stay away from somewhat.

Comment

You might want to make sure it's not just condensation before spending the cash on a petcock. A clear tube in place of the vacuum tube should help.
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                    You might want to make sure it's not just condensation before spending the cash on a petcock. A clear tube in place of the vacuum tube should help.
                    It's definitely gas and is wet on the nipple as well. I would plan to get the gaskets and seals to repair and not replace petcock as an assembly

Comment

A bit pricey, but youll never replace it again..AND ..I have tried 2 rebuild kits and each has failed for whatever reason. What you do with this is simply put a tee in the vac line and run one to the tank and one to this inline fuel shut off.
                      EDIT....This will handle the fuel line...but just how to get around the leak into the vacuum line your gonna ask ?? I think I would simply put the pingle in the fuel line and remove the diaphram all together so the petcock will flow continuously, because now the pingle will shut off the fuel. Put a rubber cap over the vacuum nipple on the petcock. Put a paper gasket in place of the removed diaphgram.

Manufacturer and distributor of high performance motorcycle parts and accessories for street and drag. Find fuel valves (petcocks), wheel chocks, air shifters, all electric shifter kits, wheelie bars and more here. Products for Yamaha, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda available.
                      Last edited by chuck hahn; 11-04-2012, 10:58 AM.
                      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I would..however..replace the gasket thats just behind the petcock handle and the Oring in there.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

wow that's strange that you've tried twice without success? Had you used genuine factory parts on either repair? It just seems so straight-forward. Interesting work arounds at an affordable price too, but I really would rather keep it all stock. Maybe I'll put this one on the back burner until spring arrives! lol

Comment

Some of the petcock bodies are too corroded, and some of the petcock kits just do not fit, at all. It depends on the petcock.

Comment

Had the same problem. Terrible fouling on the #2. Derp. Boss said they never really had luck with rebuilding petcocks and we didn't have a diaphragm kickin around but there was a brand new petcock. Not cheap at all but here are the part numbers:
                              FUEL COCK O RING $5
                              44348-31051

COCK ASSY, FUEL $110
                              44300-45011

We might even have one in stock, I'll have a look.

Comment

Working...
                              X