BS34SS needle valve...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BS34SS needle valve...

I recently bought a 1981 GS450TX that I was having carb/idle problems with. I decided to call it a season, and tear down the carbs to see how bad they were. Surprisingly they weren't that bad, but I did find the left carb float height was different than the right, and the needle valve is also worn. I also noticed the strainer screens were missing. I purchased the Suzuki GS450 service manual, and it says the carbs are Mikuni BS34SS. I've had some difficulty finding the needle valve assembly parts online. The catalogs I've found either don't have my year bike listed in the carb section, or the BS34 parts they show don't appear to match my parts. I verified that my parts match the ones in the service manual, so the carbs are original. I called the local shop today to price the parts, and they said the needle valve and seat would be about $50 ea, $10 ea for the strainers, and $2 ea for the gaskets. It seems like I should be able to find these a little cheaper online somewhere. Does anyone know where I might be able to find these parts? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Try bikebandit, this link might work and get you close

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

K&L supply catalog has two listed. one is slightly longer than the other.
      The Sudco catalog only lists one.

Comment

They're not cheap!
        Anyway, here's a fiche from Boulevard Suzuki. These are OEM parts, not the cheapie brands.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by schmitty78 View Post
          I recently bought a 1981 GS450TX that I was having carb/idle problems with. I decided to call it a season, and tear down the carbs to see how bad they were. Surprisingly they weren't that bad, but I did find the left carb float height was different than the right, and the needle valve is also worn. I also noticed the strainer screens were missing. I purchased the Suzuki GS450 service manual, and it says the carbs are Mikuni BS34SS. I've had some difficulty finding the needle valve assembly parts online. The catalogs I've found either don't have my year bike listed in the carb section, or the BS34 parts they show don't appear to match my parts. I verified that my parts match the ones in the service manual, so the carbs are original. I called the local shop today to price the parts, and they said the needle valve and seat would be about $50 ea, $10 ea for the strainers, and $2 ea for the gaskets. It seems like I should be able to find these a little cheaper online somewhere. Does anyone know where I might be able to find these parts? I appreciate any help. Thanks!
          Schmitty 78,
          I just installed these genuine Mikuni in my GS450S...work great! PS the original filters snap right on..

Find dirt bike, UTV, motorcycle and ATV parts at Summit Racing, and order today for fast shipping and great service.
          Last edited by Guest; 11-05-2012, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks everyone...you've been quite helpful. I've placed my order at BoulevardSuzuki.com. Yeah, they're not cheap, but I want to do these carbs right! I wish I could've ordered these 2 weeks ago, today was 70+ degrees here, and there were tons of bikes out! Especially since it was Veteran's Day. I was dying to ride all day! Oh well, hoping to get my parts soon, get it all back together, and get lucky to get a few more nice days to ride!! Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
              Try bikebandit, this link might work and get you close

http://www.bikebandit.com/carb-kits-...rsal/n1137?f=3
              Avoid Bike BANDIT if you can. They are the second-most expensive online retailer out there.

Much better to use Boulevard Suzuki, G&S Suzuki or Z1 Enterprises.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Avoid Bike BANDIT if you can. They are the second-most expensive online retailer out there.

Much better to use Boulevard Suzuki, G&S Suzuki or Z1 Enterprises.

Thanks for the words of wisdom!

Comment

Working...
                X